January Travels: San Diego & Puerto Rico!

It certainly has been a busy 2 weeks for me. From travelling to San Diego, Puerto Rico, being attacked from vicious mosquitos and finding out i'll be an auntie to a niece, January has been quite eventful. 
Let's see where do I start? Well earlier this month I went to the beautiful mission valley in San Diego to attend a conference for plant and animal genome scientists. Instead of going with a typical traditional booth, i thought why not make this into an opportunity to do something unique and creative. After months of planning and working on the little details, voila! Here you have a farmers market booth fully stocked with fresh produce and juices (courtesy of Costco) and something very different and original. I did a victory dance in the middle of the show floor because to be quite honest i was damn proud. 


Just a couple days after that I went to Puerto Rico for work. Fact: I did not go to the beach or enjoy pool time (besides getting thrown in)  another Fact: i consumed more local medalla beer and fried food than water and fruit. Despite having an event every day for 10 days straight, running around the island looking for a conga, and applying cortizone and off spray to my body IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. The week ended with losing my voice, 104 mosquito bites, inspired motivated colleagues, and a happy Tammy drinking a tasty tropical drink overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.  Most people would say I have an awesome job which I do and so thankful for but it certainly comes with hard work, the perks come afterwards :) 

fried sample platter 
shrimp ceviche salad that i had for 4 days straight 
#obsessed 
paella: think puerto rican jambalaya
Hacienda Sieste Allegre - estate on a hill. Awesome location to host parties
Inside of Hacienda Sieste Allegre in Rio Grande 

Until we meet again! 

Comments

Popular Posts