succulents: dislike or like?

TREND ALERT: In 2011 we've seen them in the blogs and magazines but now couples and professionals are finding more ways to incorporate succulent plants into their wedding and special events. Do we like them because they are unique and look different? Or do we dislike them because they're just ugly? Either way these little creatures are making it way to glamor-ville and people sure know how to use them.

I am a fan of succulent plants! That is if they are displayed and used the proper way.

Here are a few examples.

(Image by Project Wedding)ADORABLE succulent favors! Put them in pots, tins, mugs or whatever! Your guests can grow them forever

(Image by the6chicks)
These succulent plants decorated beautifully on this cake look edible. Either way I actually do like the contrast between the purple/green and aqua thrown in there

On her blog there's a spread of a rustic theme wedding in Texas, stunning photos. Succulent centerpieces I like because you can incorporate other flowers like hydrangeas, dahlias and it makes it really outdoorsy

(Image by Pinterest)
I don't know how I feel about this bouquet. I think it's a bit much. I do love that dress
Now this is pretty! The succulent plant looks almost like a flower and blends in/really stands out with the rest of the peonies
(Image by Heavenly Blooms)
I adore these. simple succulents with white ranunculus, berries wrapped in twine. For boutonnieres or corsages 

Comments

  1. Catherine Jung1/13/12, 3:14 PM

    I love, and can't wait to make the favors with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are the favors wrapped in

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts