wedding faire symposium

this past weekend I went to the Wedding Faire at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
San Jose Mercury News had great coverage of the trade show noting it's "Northern California's largest bridal and wedding planning event." From DJ's to balloons to flowers and catering, different vendors from the Bay Area took part in this two day symposium where brides and wedding professionals can attend. There were also fashion shows, celebrity planners appearances and workshops.

I recommend anyone getting married or wanting to get into the business to attend a wedding expo. There are different ones, some catered towards just dresses, honeymoons, wedding locations and etc... It really is a great place to start to get a sense of idea of what's out there, the trends, styles and talking to people directly.

Here are a few photos I took!
 This would be perfect at my alma mater Hofstra! digging the blue and yellow


Really cool DIY succulent bar sign. Fresh succulents put into green oasis with tweezers, it took them 4 hours to make!


These green and white cake display are actually made out of felt! And those white paper flowers are made from card stock paper!


A floral designer from San Francisco wanted to recreate Preston Bailey's peacock flower design, I must say it looks awesome!


wow. beautiful. it's a bit much for me but so pretty to look at


I was ecstatic when I saw Preston Bailey! I should have introduced myself and said Hi! Oh well it was the highlight of my week seeing him! i love his work

This screams couture to me! An under the sea/forest inspired theme. The table display is insane and breath taking


Rustic/Vintage idea of how to show your guests where they are seated


Ah so cute! Lemonade and Cucumber Water Jugs! (These jugs are super affordable)

Resort at Pebble Beach had this as their display and i just love it. The different white and green flowers in a simple grey bucket


To showcase different types of cakes. I don't know how I feel about the ruffle layer cake. But i do love the flowers: roses, peonies and ranunculus.

Comments

Popular Posts