Can you believe the year is almost over? I think December is probably one of the busiest months of the year.There are the holidays, spending time with family & friends, gift shopping, decorating and end of the year events to attend. It's also a time of reflection over the past year and the urge to organize your life and priorities before we ring in the new year. Yes 2012 is just around the corner and you know what that means? New Years Resolutions!

Do people even still believe in resolutions? I think so, well at least for a week right?
The gym is packed when it hits January 1st and slowly fades away by mid February. This year I decided to keep it simple and straight forward. (You'll have to come back for another blog post on my new years resolution). .. but what I really wanted to show was this really cool way to detox.

We've all seen people detox (herbs, natural supplements, lemon w/ water)

How about detoxing with just fruits and vegetables. There's this awesome documentary called "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" (You can watch it on instant through Netflix) It's about a man who lost over 100 pounds from juicing. You have to read his story it is remarkable and truly an inspiration.
Both my brothers did it for a week and you can really see the improvements! I could never do that really. I love carbs and sweets. So i decided to juice for one meal a day starting today!


Here's my first board of goods. A bit of apples, kale, chard, celery, carrots, spinach blackberries, tomatoes and cucumbers.

Don't have a juicer? Consider getting one it is a serious investment I got mine from Walmart for $60!

I know I know it's not that pretty of a color but you won't believe how good it is. This baby is full of nutrients, antioxidants and tons of flavor. Oh did it mention it's 100% organic?


Cheers! Onto my next juice creation...


Comments

Popular Posts